Video: Photosynthesis & Respiration (From BozemanBiology on YouTube.com)
**This video is a little more advanced than what we studied- it is from the AP Biology Essentials playlist on the BozemanBiology channel. However, it has a lot of good info that will help you to understand this topic better.
Key Learning: The process of photosynthesis is carried out by producers to make simple sugars from sunlight, carbon dioxide and water. Cellular respiration is carried out by organisms to produce an energy molecule called ATP. ATP is used by the cells to provide the energy they need for cellular processes.
UEQ: How do photosynthesis and cellular respiration work together to meet the energy needs for cellular function?
Concept 1: Photosynthesis & Plant Structure
- What are the essential reactants and products of photosynthesis?
- How do the light-dependent reactions and light independent reactions work together to synthesis sugar?
- How is the structure of a plant adapted to make photosynthesis more efficient?
Concept 2: Cellular Respiration
- What are the essential reactants and products of cellular respiration?
- How do aerobic respiration and anaerobic respiration work together to provide a continuous supply of ATP for cellular function?
Concept 3: Cell Energy
- What is the relationship between photosynthesis and cellular respiration?