- How Cells Divide– Mitosis vs. Meiosis (side by side)
- Mitosis tutorial
- How Cancer Grows and Spreads
- What is Cancer?
Computer-animated Stages of Mitosis
Video: Mitosis (From BozemanBiology on YouTube)
Key Learning: Growth and reproduction begins with cell division and the cellular activities that lead up to it which result in formation of new organisms during asexual reproduction and genetic variation in sexual reproduction.
UEQ: How do the processes of mitosis and meiosis facilitate growth, reproduction and genetic variation?
Concept 1: Mitosis
- How can we describe the stages in the life cycle of a cell?
- How can we compare and contrast mitosis and binary fission in asexual reproduction?
- What impact can mutations and uncontrolled cell growth have on the cell cycle?
Concept 2: Meiosis
- What is the relationship between meiosis and the formation of haploid gametes or spores?
- What is the role of crossing over in genetic variation?
- What is the relationship between meiosis and sexual reproduction?