- Genes and Cells- How genes tell cells what to do
- Gene Finder– Find the genes responsible for a specific disease
Key Learning: Mendel’s laws explain the basic principles of genetics. Modern experimentation has led to a greater understanding of complex inheritance patterns.
UEQ: How do patterns of inheritance allow us to predict the expression of traits in an individual?
Concept 1: Mendelian Genetics
- What influence did Gregor Mendel have on the study of genetics?
- How can we relate the structure and function of the flower to Mendel’s work in inheritance?
- How can I identify dominant and recessive patterns of inheritance?
- How can we predict inheritance of multiple traits using Punnett squares?
Concept 2: Complex Inheritance Patterns
- How can I identify and predict offspring non-Mendelian crosses?
- How can we analyze how genetic traits and disorders are inherited using pedigrees?