- Immune System Defender
- Flu Epidemic!
- Malaria– Become a mosquito or parasite to defeat the host immune system
- Fight the Bad Bacteria!
Bonus: Endocrine System
- Diabetes & Insulin– Take care of a dog that is sick
Key Learning: The human body is comprised of a network of systems. Each system is designed to accomplish certain functions that are interdependent with other systems the body to maintain homeostasis.
UEQ: How can we describe the interdependence of human body systems?
Concept 1: Reproductive System
- This content was addressed with Nurse Prevention Lessons
- How can I identify the basic anatomy and physiology if the human reproductive system?
- What are the major events of human development from fertilization to birth?
Concept 2: Cardiovascular System
- How do the structures of the heart and the connecting blood vessels lead to blood flow through the circulatory system?
- How can we describe factors that affect blood flow through the cardiovascular system?
Concept 3: Immune System
- How can we identify and explain the basic functions of the human immune system?
- What is the role of vaccines in protection of an individual and in safe guarding the public from the spread of infectious disease?
Concept 4: Nervous System
- How can we identify the major structures of the brain?